To ensure the reliability of databases and adjacent tools and systems used in our products, Dynamic Credit is looking for an experienced Database Administrator.
As a member of the Data Engineering & Administration team and broader Product & Technology team, the main responsibilities will be to administer, configure, maintain and monitor our operational databases, data warehouse and reporting infrastructure.
- Work together with the Data Engineering & Administration team to create procedures and policies for data management and database administration.
- Manage and control access to the data stored in SQL databases, implement data protection and disaster recovery measures in compliance with company standards.
- Plan, install, configure, update, maintain, and document database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Manage databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to production.
- Manage database backup, retention, and restore processes.
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- 3+ years of experience in Microsoft SQL Server administration.
- Knowledge of Azure database-related services (Azure SQL Database, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, managed instance, etc.)
- Proficiency of T-SQL.
- Experience in configuring and monitoring SSIS ETL pipelines.
- Proven experience in SQL Server performance tuning.
- Experience with cloud and on-prem database security management.
- Experience with one or more scripting languages such as PowerShell.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server, including Always On.
- Structured and procedural approach to database administration.
- Desire to learn and employ new technologies and practices to achieve shared goals.
- Be effective as a team member in diverse environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Be able to listen to and to question both senior and junior colleagues.
- Strong sense of responsibility.
- Excellent problem solving/analytical skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
Nice to have
- Experience in DevOps.
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory.
- Experience in administering SSRS, Power BI.
- Experience in working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Financial industry experience.
- Knowledge of OOP and experience in C# programming.
- Experience in using Jira and Confluence.
Application package: CV and cover letter.