With the number of investors and products growing rapidly, Dynamic Credit is now looking for a dedicated Risk Associate for the Amsterdam office to strengthen our second line of defense (‘key functions’). We are looking for a risk professional with an eye for detail and a drive to learn to join our international team.
This vacancy is to join a large established European asset management and direct lending firm with over EUR 10 billion of assets under management. We offer a challenging and changing environment with the opportunity to build a career while making an impact.
The main responsibilities for the Risk Associate will be to provide risk oversight, challenge and support to the businesses of Dynamic Credit i.e. Direct Lending (Dutch mortgages), Asset Management (consumer and SME loans) and LoanClear (mortgage advisory).
Our mission is to create a better match between savings and credit for a more prosperous society. Dynamic Credit is innovative, growing fast and makes complexity easier to understand through transparency. Our partners choose Dynamic Credit because we provide deep insight and reveal opportunities in alternative fixed income. We offer employees a steep learning curve and the opportunity to work closely with all teams at Dynamic Credit.
Responsibilities of the role
- Maintain and enhance Dynamic Credit’s ISAE 3402 control framework for operational risk management
- Develop and maintain Risk Appetite Statement to support senior management on well-informed decision making
- Building risk awareness amongst staff by providing support and training Participate in Investment Committee and Internal Control Committee (ICC)
- Provide regular risk reporting to internal stakeholders (BNPP AM) and to clients Develop and embed risk-control cycle within Dynamic Credit (risk control assessments, reporting, monitoring, evaluation)
- Build and manage risk tools for risk management and reporting Coordination of ISAE control framework monitoring, control testing, periodic auditing and review
- Be involved with design of processes for new business initiatives and being responsible for setting up the controls and monitoring for these initiatives
- Incident management: monitoring progress on remedial actions, support and advice on measures of improvement
- Between 1-3 years relevant experience in the financial services industry
- For this role we are looking for candidates who are already in the possession of a valid permit to work in the Netherlands.
- Ability to provide relevant and actionable advice to the business and (senior) management
- Outstanding problem solving/analytical skills and clear and concise communication
- Relevant master-level education
- Critical frame of mind
- An agile approach, confident to work successfully on multiple projects at different stages and effectively prioritise task
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English and (preferably also in) Dutch
- Attention to detail and focus on quality
- Ability to adapt quickly in our fast-paced environment
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation, perks, and benefits: pension scheme, NS Business Card when living more than 10km from the office
- Trainings and education
- Working in an area of great importance to the strategy of Dynamic Credit
- Great colleagues, informal, international and fun atmosphere
- Monthly drinks, team outings, annual BBQ, Christmas Party etc.
Dynamic Credit Dynamic Credit is a fixed income asset management and direct lending firm. Founded in 2003, Dynamic Credit has over 69,000 clients, EUR 10 billion in mandates and funds and offices in Amsterdam, New York and Jakarta. Dynamic Credit manages (securities of) loans of others and its own proprietary direct lending.
Dynamic Credit has entered into a strategic partnership with BNP Paribas Asset Management (BNPP AM) in September 2021 which is key for our future development and will allow us to extend our distribution networks across Europe and globally. The team of experts at Dynamic Credit have extensive experience valuing, sourcing, creating and managing alternative fixed income products. In 2015, Dynamic Credit set up the first online mortgage distribution platform of the Netherlands (bijBouwe). In June 2016, Dynamic Credit launched the loan investment servicing platform LoanClear. In August 2017, Dynamic Credit launched the Dynamic Credit Funds ICAV, an Irish AIFM regulated fund umbrella.
We stand for a diverse and inclusive workplace where everybody can be themselves: an informal and open working environment with a wide variety of backgrounds, both locally and internationally, where a flexible and hybrid way of working is the standard.
www.dynamiccredit.com, www.bijbouwe.nl, www.loanclear.com
For more information please contact Oene de Hek: firstname.lastname@example.org
Acquisition is not appreciated.